Position Purpose: The Assistant Director is responsible for the management and coordination of administrative operations at Bach to Rock Penfield.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for managing the reception desk
- Supervises the arrival and departure of students
- Greets parents, students and prospective clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Answers the phone and directs calls or messages appropriately and efficiently
- Collects phone system messages and processes them appropriately
- Keeps current on curriculum, pricing, rules and regulations
- Assists the Director with the management of complex and changing schedules of classes, camps, events, parties, staff, faculty and students to ensure quality and timely delivery of instructional programs
- Processes new enrollments and retail sales
- Shares responsibility with the Director for the timely opening and closing of the site
- Assists the Director with student recruitment and retention for private lessons, bands, classes
- Manages inventory, orders books/supplies and processes purchase orders
- Shares responsibilities with the Director for the site and equipment being cleaned, organized, and repaired at all times
- Assist the School Director to recruit, hire, train, manage and evaluate teaching faculty
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A deep interest in music and music education, musical ability is preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to facilitate good working relationships with faculty and staff and to interact with professionally with students and their parents
- Ability to work well with young people
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Ability to be an efficient problem solver
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, i.e. telephones, photocopiers and computers
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to use all relevant computer software (Microsoft Office, etc) proficiently, and the ability to learn to use B2R’s specialized systems
- Ability to be physically present at the facility during its hours of operation
- Ability to pass a background check
Education and Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred in business or a related field
- Scheduling, record keeping and time tracking experience is required
- Business management and administrative experience is preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Must be proficient in English speaking and writing skills.
- Additional languages are desirable
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to must be able to lift and move the equipment typically associated with B2R’s day-to-day operation, e.g., amplifiers, keyboards, recording equipment, light furniture, etc.
Specific work schedule to be mutually determined, but generally, must be available during core hours and have flexibility: Weekdays 3-8pm and Weekends 10am-6pm. Approximately 30 hours per week at $15/hour.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reception area
- Music classrooms, Performing Space
- Band room and recording studio
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Bach to Rock reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.